Thursday, June 18, 2009

I told you I could sew!! HA

Addison has developed a love for Elmo, as you probably know. She wants to watch Elmo ALL the time. I wake up hearing the theme song in my head sometimes..."La-la-la-la, Elmo's World."
Anyway, not too long ago, we were at my mom's house and she found an old baby blanket of Devin's (Who is 6.. I think??) that had an Elmo print on it. It was old, and very boyish..but she loves it. She has taken to carrying it and sleeping with her "covers."

She just started nursery school, so I decided to try to make an Elmo blanket that was kind of girly for her. We will see how she likes it... I don't know yet. Probably won't have anything to do with it but I thought I would try it out. It is a "rag blanket" which means that the edges are frayed on purpose. :)

I know I get stuff made for me usually but that doesn't mean I cannot sew. (Ahem...April :)) So here is proof! Now, it's not the best job in the world, I know...but it didn't fall apart in the washer...yet!! Haha
I didn't sew the name; I had that put on at William's Sporting Goods. But other than that--here it is!!
Back


Front







5 comments:

slyefamily said...

Awwwww! It's beautiful!

sbeudy said...

Looks like a very sweet blankie for her. I imagine she will love it.

welcometomyfrontporch said...

That is so cute! Good job Amber! I am now inspired...it has been a while since I have sewn. This summer is going to be full of projects for me.

Pope Life said...

I really think you did a good job!! It is really cute!

katy said...

Since I saw it in person, the pictures don't lie...you did a fabulous job!!!