Monday, October 6, 2008

For Today...

From the kitchen...Brisket, Beans, macaroni, salad, brownies, sweet tea. Although technically not from my kitchen. We had supper tonight with the family at Mom & Dad's house. Dad got a smoker for his birthday so we are the guinea pigs. :) I don't mind. (LOL, I have to add this.. i was re-reading my blog before posting and that sounds like he is going to smoke us.)

I am wearing...army green cargo capris & a black shirt

I am reading...Hide by Lisa Gardener. Spooky in a way--I psyched myself out late the other night reading it. Borrowed it from Mom, who is a crime book/show fanatic.

I am hoping... for Addie's rash to go away soon! She started running a fever on Thursday and at one point it got up to 103.4 BUT.. I had just gotten her out of the bed so she may have been extra warm from laying there. She still ran an average of 101 for two days. She had a runny nose, and was a little congested but that was it. Now, all other symptoms are gone except this rash. We took her to the doc today and he said that she has Acute Pharyngitis and the rash is the after effects of a viral infection. Once she gets the rash then the germs are probably already out of her system so she's no longer contagious.

I am hearing...the baby monitor buzz, the dog snore, and the occasional XBOX sound coming from the living room where Chris is playing Madden.

Around the house...I need to decorate for fall! And of course, clean. Isn't there always something to clean? It's never ending.

One of my favorite things...reading in the bathtub. The next house we live in, I want to get a luxurious bathtub :) But, until then, this one relaxes me just fine.

I also completed my mid-term exam today for Advanced Medical Terminology! YAY! I am halfway there :) I made a B so I am happy. I spent 3 hours at the Paris Coffee Company this morning studying...and drinking an Almond Joy Latte. (DELICIOUS) It was actually fun in a way because I was out of the house, and I met a lot of new people! I ran into Mark Homer who is a Texas state Representative. In highschool, I was actually the Junior Representative for our district for VICA and we went to the House of Representatives in Austin and presented a bill together. It has been that long since I have seen him. He told me today that he still has the clipping from the newspaper with our picture on it in his office. Thought it was pretty cool. I will try to find a copy and post it.

I also met this neat couple who were both deaf, but that didn't stop them from communicating with me! The man was reading the paper and kept coming over to show me articles and just be silly about what was in the paper. He also told me he was having some kind of general surgery and he made a gesture like it was his chest. Anyway, I wrote him a note before I left to let him know I would remember him in my prayers...so I know you don't know him, but send up a prayer on his behalf. :)

(I stole this list idea from my friend Amy Duncan's blog. She always has the best blogs. Thanks Amy!)
Me & Addie tonight right before bedtime

rash......and yes, it is EVERYWHERE!
Even her face :(
But she's still all smiles for the camera!



2 comments:

katy said...

yikes...scary looking rash! Hope it goes away very soon!

welcometomyfrontporch said...

What is the rash? Poor thing!

I want a big soaker tub myself and hope that is in our next house. We really have a lot in common. Why didn't we hang out more in Dallas?