Monday, October 13, 2008

The State Fair of Texas

Last Thursday, Chris took me to the State Fair of Texas! It was the first time I have ever been and it was HUGE! I have only been to the county fair once before, but it can't hold a candle to the State! I couldn't believe there was that much.

We were going to take the baby with us, but at the last minute, called my sister to ask her if she would babysit. Addie would have been worn out by the time we were finished anyway and this way Chris and I got to spend some time together. We had a great time but I did miss the baby and so did Chris. I am not used to being away from her all day like that.



Chris DID get me on the SkyWay just to get from one side of the park to the other, but I am too big of a chicken to ride the rides. I honestly didn't like the SkyWay either because it was too high up and I am scared of heights.


There is no way he was getting me on this thing! Ha!

Here is Tex. He lacks a "boootay" as Chris pointed out.

Me & Lover Boy

Chris eating a sno-cone with a terrible spoon. Come on, you pay $5 bucks for a sno-cone..you should at least get a decent spoon! Seriously though, whose idea was it to FRY everything at the fair??
Fried Grilled cheese,
chicken fried bacon-tried it and it was NASTY,
Fried cookie dough-now, baked cookie dough is a cookie so..what is Fried??
Deep Fried Latte--c'mon! I knew noone would believe me so I took a pic of the sign.
These are just a few of the Fried items at the fair. Next time, I am stickin' with chicken nuggets or something normal. :)
At OTB after the Fair
Told you!
Fried Grilled Cheese--Actually pretty Yummy..but I liked a REAL Grilled cheese better. Although, how can it be Fried and Grilled? It should just be called a Fried Cheese Sandwich.

Regardless of the amount of fatty foods, the fair was fun and I am glad Chris took me! :) Thanks baby!








2 comments:

welcometomyfrontporch said...

Wow! You got some sun!

I refuse to ride ferris wheels too. I like rides but anything that goes slow and is high, I don't do well. When we go skiing, you won't see me on a ski lift even. :)

katy said...

FUN! Andrew won his first fish at the state fair years ago :-(
(so long ago!)
Mommy and Daddy alone time is ALWAYS good! It makes you better parents...David and I don't get near enough...LOL